Complaints Procedure/Questionnaire

Complaint Questionnaire

Complaints Policy 2021

How to complain

The practice would hope that most issues are addressed at the earliest opportunity.  If your problem cannot be dealt with early, and to your satisfaction, we would encourage you to inform us as soon as is possible.  This will allow us to establish the facts of an incident more easily.

You can complain about an issue within 12 months of the incident causing concern

Complaints can be made verbally, by eConsultation via the practice website and in writing.  Written complaints should be addressed to Mrs Samantha Bacon.  You can make an appointment with Mr Taylor, Patient Services Manager to discuss your concerns.

Mrs Samantha Bacon,

Parklands Medical Practice,

Park Road Surgery,

Park Road,



01274 227575/678464


Alternatively you can make a complaint via NHS England at the following address:

NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT.

Email -

Tel:  0300 311 22 33.


Please note, you cannot complain to both organisations. 


If you would like assistance with your complaint you can use the following organisation.

Independent Complaint’s Advocacy Team


1st Floor, The Tradeforce Building

Cornwall Place



Tel: 01274 750784


What we shall do

Your complaint will be acknowledged on receipt either in writing, by email or telephone within 3 working days.  Any raised issues will be investigated and a formal response will be provided within a deadline agreed with the complainant.  Any delays in response will be discussed and agreed.  Any complaint relating to a clinical issue will be investigated by a practice doctor.

Our response will hopefully identify what happened, explain why it happened and demonstrate what has changed to prevent it happening again.   You may be offered a meeting to allow you to discuss your issues in person if you would like this opportunity.


Complaining for somebody else

Please note that we have to respect our duty of confidentiality to patients, and a patient’s consent will be necessary if a complaint is not made by the patient directly.

If you are not satisfied

If you are dissatisfied by the way the practice handle your complaint you can contact the Independent Complaints Advocacy Team on 01274 750784.

 You also have the right to ask the Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman to review the case.  You can contact the Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman on 0345 015 4033 or write to them.

Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO), Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP 

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website